Wednesday, April 30, 2008

revisting childhood

"what will you do if i sang outta tune , will you stand up and walk out on me ??
lend me your ears and try to sing u a new song....." sounds familiar to millions of us out there doesnt it bring meomories ,makes you get all nostalgic all over again . "The wonder years","full house", "doogie howser","dawson's creek","small wonder","i dream of genie","sabrina.........,it just seems like yesterday there i was being this carefree kid , reliving my childhood through the eyes of kevin,paul,winnie,dj,steff,vicki,stacy..(charachters from the above mentioned soaps) revisiting those wonderful innocent days, where summer was all about pure fun and games,where everything was either black or white no room for grey ,everything seemed so plain and simple .
it was all about first crushes, heartbreaks,the never ending search to discovering the real "u" ,
the truimph of good over evil ,it was all about being a kid again or more like the journey of this kid ,it wasn't always simple i mean who ever said growing up was simple having been there (and still going through that phase) belive me it is anything but simple its crazy!!!!
but i must admit am glad that i havent totally lost out on that craziness revisting these serials take me back in time , back into bittersweet memories it keeps the flame of childhood still buring in me theres so much in there ,its like a link to my past or more like going back in this time machine and visiting all those places ,going back in time and reliving all those beautiful moments all over again its simply so beautiful ,so amazing its like i have a retrive a part of me .
years down the line its still something that brings a smile to my face ,i may have grown up (well atleast to the outside world i guess) but deep down inside theres this little kid that just wants to breakfree and just be a kid all over again , to be able to just dream and dream without having to be rational or logical to be able to soar high in the deep blue skies spreading her wings and just letting go .............. think about it theres this little kid in all of us actually wanting to just let go , just listen in and follow your heart come on its all about being a kid again its the most joyful experiences ever give it a shot

3 comments:

ARINDAM DEY said...

A quote for u, with my own little touch added, to something that originally came from Stephen King...
"I never had a LIFE like the one i had when i was twelve years old... Jesus, does anyone!"

Anonymous said...

I love that song.. With a little help from my friends.. I read out the lyrics like the tune of the song goes.. :)

Anonymous said...

I love that song.. With a little help from my friends.. I read out the lyrics like the tune of the song goes.. :)