Saturday, January 17, 2009

AM I REALLY GOOD ENOUGH TO BE HERE ……..??

The last 5 years spent in Xavier’s I truly wonder am I really good enough to be here amongst all these superbly talented people , they seem to know it all from photography to abstract art to theater to music and much more ….. The list is truly endless.Most of all they all just seem to fit or should I say blend in beautifully with the whole xavierite atmosphere, I then do wonder where do I stand? The whole magical bubble of Xavier’s feel ceases to exist and I feel like a non existent soul.I mean am not particularly great at anything and even though seem like an extrovert I take my own time to warm up to people , I do like socializing but then again am no big party animal and love my “me” time . I am just another one of those ordinary nameless faces walking on this face of the earth is how I always perceived myself to be ……..Having spent 5 years in Xavier’s and on the verge of graduating I cannot say I have suddenly discovered the “talented me” or can I say that I have the most awesome time volunteering for the various fests neither could I say I went on to become the most happening or the coolest known face on campus but what I can definitely say is I learnt something really wonderful here , that we for one are not just mere ordinary people we all are special and unique in our own little ways ,that I may not be exceptional in music or photography but I definitely can be exceptional human being ( I don’t know about being exceptional human being but yes Xavier’s definitely brought alive the humane side in me ) I don’t know about public speaking I do get nervous but what Xavier’s did teach me was to speak passionately about something that matters and you know you can definitely make a difference , It didn’t teach me to be successful it molded me through my mistakes and past experiences to be the person I am , It definitely did not teach me to be passive learner it taught me the most important thing of all the beauty of questioning and the power to reason . It taught me that creativity without action isn’t much of an achievement and most of all it taught me to dream.Personally having literally grown in the last 5 years in those beautiful gothic structures, I still am yet to figure where I go from here , find my calling and as I spread my wings to fly away for the one last time I look back at those huge arches, those stairways ,foyer ,woods bidding adieu for the one last time am off still asking myself where do I fit in or am I good enough ……as I fly away further into the soaring skies I begin to realize that the journey has only just become we still have a long way to go .

4 comments:

ARINDAM DEY said...

Great write-up...
Every person is unique, and special in their own way... u just need to Find the way u want to follow...
and spread ur wings...
The journey has only just began...
Cheers!

krianan said...

true true, n xaviers just teaches you that..teaches you to be special in ur skin, teaches you to just be.......truly the journey has only just begun:))

krianan said...

true true, n xaviers just teaches you that..teaches you to be special in ur skin, teaches you to just be.......truly the journey has only just begun:))

viddhi said...

beautifully written ......good .. i liked this one ..straight from the heart ..... !

ohh..i have my blog as well
u can catch me there and read my stuff too...

http://www.viddhi-a.blogspot.com/
http://thoughts-uniterupted.blogspot.com/